Privacy Information Statement Frome Writers’ Collective
In line with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act of 1998, the personal information collected by Frome Writers’ Collective from its members is collected and processed lawfully, stored safely and not disclosed to others.
We take the protection of your data very seriously and ensure compliance with the eight important principles of the Data Protection Act below which says that data must be:
- Be processed fairly and lawfully
- Be obtained only for specific, lawful purposes
- Be adequate, relevant and not excessive
4 Be accurate and kept up to date
- Not be held for any longer than necessary
- Processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects
- Be protected in appropriate ways
- Not be transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA), unless that country or territory also ensures an adequate level of protection
The personal data we collect from each member is a name, address, email address and telephone number. This is taken at the time of their joining the Frome Writers’ Collective and for the purpose of providing the information and services requested as part of joining the FWC.
We collect this data with members’ consent and do not in any circumstances pass this on to third parties, without explicit permission, unless required to do so by law. The data is accessed by members of the FWC Committee in the pursuit of FWC business, such as sending out newsletters and membership renewal reminders, notices, newsletters and arts information of interest.
Files are stored on a cloud platform for additional security.
We regularly review and, where necessary, update the data we hold and data collection processes.
Where someone has left the society of requested that their information is removed, it will be deleted.
All individuals who are the subject of personal data held by Frome Writers’ Collective are entitled to:
- ask what information the company holds about them and why,
- ask how to gain access to it, be informed how to keep it up to date
- be informed how FWC is meeting its data protection obligations.
This is called a Subject Access Request. Subject access requests from individuals should be made to the Frome Writers’ Collective Chair or Committee or emailed to: email@example.com
We hope this statement reassures you as to the care we take of your data.
The FWC Chair and Committee
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our website is located at: http://fromewriterscollective.co.uk/